For this competition, participants can submit their essay in the following topics:
- Renewable Energy Investment
- Innovative and Green Energy Technologies
- Energy Regulation and Environmental Policy
- Eradication of Energy Poverty
- Oil and Gas Development for Sustainable Future
- Electricity and Energy Storage
- Energy Security
- Dynamics and Geopolitics of Energy Transition
- Energy Forecast and Modelling
- This competition is both for personal and team entry. A team participation is limited to only 2 members
- The essay competition will open from July 10, 2017 until October 16, 2017 (extended deadline)
- The criteria for the essay assessment are as follows: a) substance and originality of the concept b) clarity, organization and coherence c) compositions and writing style d) relevance and practicality and e) grammar and the use of language. Please pay attention to these parameters while writing your essay.
- The scope for your essay can be local, national, regional or global focus.
- The full paper shall be between 1000-1500 words (excluding footnotes, tables, figures and references)
- Font, Space and Margin: Times New Roman font size 12, 1.5 line spacing, margin 1 inch on all sides.
- Tables and figures: Times New Roman font size 11, single line spacing.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman font size 10, single line spacing
- Titles: Written in English, Times New Roman font size 14, Font Bold, 1.5 line spacing.
- The essay shall contain (i) the full name(s) of the author(s) without any title or degree, (ii) name of department or institutional affiliation, (iii) email address(es) of the author(s).
- All submissions should be written in English
- Reference list: APA Style
- Before submitting your essay, you or your team have to pre-register HERE. Please fill it out first prior to sending your work.
- You or your team are only allowed to submit one essay for this competition
- Submission can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com with the subject: Essay – (Your Name/Names of Your Team Members) – (Essay Topic) – (Essay Title) For example: Essay – Joko Budiman – Energy Security – An Outlook of Indonesia’s Energy Security or Essay – Joko Budiman and Tuti Astini – Innovative and Green Energy Technologies – The Future of Geothermal Energy in Indonesia
- The format for essay submission is in Microsoft Word (.doc) or (.docx) format
Essay contest winners will be awarded according to the following:
1st winner: IDR 4.000.000 + certificate + free entry(es) to the conference
2nd winner: IDR 2.500.000 + certificate + free entry(es) to the conference
3rd winner: IDR 1.500.000 + certificate + free entry(es) to the conference
Other than three winners above, Top 10 of this competition will also get a certificate from the conference committee.
All works from winners and Top 10 will be published and featured in our International Energy Conference, taking place on November 30, 2017.